Dr Kathy Yu
Kathy is a highly experienced and compassionate Sports Medicine Doctor.
During the current pandemic, Kathy is available for both face to face and Telehealth consultations. To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.
Commenced at our co-located Melbourne Sports Medicine Centre 2001.
Areas of special interest:
Highly experienced in all aspects of sports medicine with a special interest in:
- Professional performers
Kathy is a keen biomechanist, who honed her skills coaching gymnastics. She aims to give each person a good understanding of their condition and treatment options, and works closely with physiotherapists and other allied health practitioners to optimise treatment and recovery. Kathy understands the needs of high performance athletes and professional artists, as well as the requirements and constraints on the rest of us.
Kathy also works closely with orthopaedic surgeons and can provide pre- and post- operative advice.
- MBBS (1993, University of Melb)
- MPH (2002, Monash University)
- Grad Dip Sports Medicine (2006, UNSW)
- FRACGP (2016)
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Gymnastics Australia – Chief Medical Officer
- Australian Sailing Team – Chief Medical Officer
- National Institute of Circus Arts – Medical Consultant
- Cirque Du Soleil – Remote Medical Consultant
- Fellow of Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Member of Australian Medical Association
- Member of Sports Medicine Australia
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- Long term medical involvement with Gymnastics, Circus and Dance communities
- Special interest in para and disability sports
- Sporting event medical coverage including Gymnastics, Athletics, Volleyball, Multisport events (Workd University Games, Commonwealth Games, Invictus Games, Olympic Games
Personal Sporting Experience:
Ex-gymnast, current sailor
Kathy is available for consultation Monday to Wednesday, and Friday.
To arrange and appointment please phone 9650 9372 or book online.