Dr Jennifer Anderson
Jennifer has a special interest in women’s health, pregnancy management and shared maternity care.
During the current lockdown, Jennifer is available for Telehealth consultations. To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 4284.
Commenced at Midtown Medical Clinic January 2005.
Areas of special interest:
- Family planning
- Pre-pregnancy planning
- Pregnancy Care
- Women’s Health
- Shared pregnancy care
Jennifer graduated from The University of Melbourne in 1993.
She completed her Diploma of Obstetrics (DRANZCOG) at The Royal Women’s Hospital and has a certificate in Reproductive Health as well as a Masters in Family Medicine, Diploma in Child Health and a Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners.
Jennifer spent 2001 to 2004 working in General Practice in England before joining Midtown Medical Clinic in early 2005.
After a short stint working in the country, Jennifer returned to Midtown Medical Clinic in July 2012. Her areas of interests include Paediatrics and Women’s Health, Contraception, Pre-Pregnancy Planning, Infertility and Shared Care Obstetrics.
Jennifer worked for 11 years at the Royal Children’s Hospital as their General Practice Liaison officer.
Jennifer is also an elected representative of her local council, chair of a Regional Waste and Resource Recovery Group, and on the Boards of the Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV). This may mean her availability varies, depending upon her other commitments.
She is passionate about reducing our impact on the environment, having good processes in place, and a co-ordinated whole of life approach to health care that considers the influences of work, relationships, diet and physical activity on both physical and mental health.
In her spare time Jennifer enjoys travel, cycling, hiking, cooking and gardening.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – The University of Melbourne – 1993
- Fellowship of The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Diploma of Obstetrics – Royal Women’s Hospital
- Diploma of Child Health – Westmead Hospital
- Certificate in Sexual and Reproductive Health – Family Planning Australia
- Masters in Family Medicine
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine
- Local council representative
- Chair of a Regional Waste and Resource Recovery Group
- Board Member Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV)
- Accredited Shared Care Maternity Affiliate for The Royal Women’s Hospital, The Western, The Northern, Mercy and Monash Hospitals
Jennifer is available for consultation each Monday and Thursday.
To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 4284.
To see Jennifer’s recent blog posts, please click below:
Please note, if you are one of Jennifer’s Shared Care patients and cannot see an appointment time for her online, please contact us on 9650 4284 to discuss your options with one of our management or reception staff. Jennifer will certainly try her best to be available for you.