During your consultation your practitioner may suggest you to have some investigations performed, for example, blood tests, x-ray, ultrasound, CT or MRI.
If this is suggested, it is important that you arrange an appointment with the relevant organisation (usually required for radiology) and attend for the investigations to be performed.
The results of your investigations will be returned to your practitioner. The time taken for them to be returned is variable, it may be 48 hours, it may be 14 days, depending on the nature of the investigation performed.
During your consultation your practitioner may have asked that you arrange an appointment to discuss the results. Please ensure you arrange this. It is easily done while you are at the Practice settling your account.
If you have been referred for either pathology or radiology there are several other ways the practitioners may communicate with you about your results:
- Your practitioner may have already asked that you to arrange an appointment to discuss the results. If this is the case the practitioner will wait for you to return to discuss things with you.
- An SMS with a brief message advising of any action you need to take. Please ensure we always have your current mobile phone number.
- An email, possibly including a copy of your results, with a message advising of any action you need to take. The email will either come from our practice software Best Practice, or our secure emailing software, Mediref. Please ensure we always have your current email address, and please check your junk folder, just in case.
- A phone call from your practitioner.
- A phone call from our Nurse or Administration team with a message from your practitioner.
If you do not have a results appointment scheduled and you have not heard from us within 7 days from when you had the tests, IT IS MOST IMPORTANT THAT YOU CONTACT US ON EITHER 9650 4284 or 9650 9372 TO ENSURE YOUR RESULTS HAVE BEEN RETURNED TO US AND ACTIONED APPROPRIATELY.
In some cases, your practitioner may have marked all your results as ‘normal with no action required’. When you call us 7 days after your test, our administration team will advise you of this.
Would you like a copy of your results?
Remember most pathology and radiology companies upload your results to your My Health Record. If uploaded, your results will be viewable on your My Health Records seven (7) days after they have been received by the referring practitioner. If you have any questions about your uploaded results, please arrange an appointment with your practitioner.
One more thing:
Please also note that many of our practitioners do not work every day. Your results will be actioned once they are returned to the practice and your practitioner is available. Anything urgent is brought to the practice’s attention by pathology and radiology providers and if required you will be contacted immediately. Please always ensure the contact details we have for you are current.
If you have any questions, please contact our Administration team on 9650 4284, 9650 9372 or email@example.com